Tuesday, June 19, 2012

New Obsession: Rent The Runway

So I have know about Rent The Runway for basically forever. Forever is, in this case, about two years. I have never used their service until this past weekend. If you've never heard of them, here's the dealio: they have a ton of amazing high-end dresses and accessories and you can rent them only a portion of the full cost. They'll even send you a second size for free so if you can't decide if you are a 4 or 6 you don't need to panic.

I decided to rent because I was invited to a formal wedding. Never having been to a formal wedding before, I didn't feel that I owned anything appropriate. Rather than buy a $100 dress I'll never wear again, I spent a total of $55 and had a fabulous dress, earrings, and clutch.

Here's what I got:
Photo from RentTheRunway.com


Photo from RentTheRunway.com

Photo from RentTheRunway.com

If you know any math at all, you know that $50+ $15+ $15+ does not equal $55. I used a code that I got in my welcome email that gave me $50 off of $75. With shipping, tax, and insurance (mandatory) it came to $105, so saving $50 was awesome.

Here is me looking flying wearing the goods:

You can also see the bag and earrings, sort of.


Returning it was easy. Just throw everything (Nicely. Throw it nicely!) into the pre-paid USPS mailer and drop it in your nearest Blue Box.

I will totally be renting again - probably next month for another wedding (and my birthday!). 

RentTheRunway did not pay me for this blog post,  and I paid for the rental myself because I am an Independent Woman, just like Destiny's Child. None of these links I posted will make me any money, except THIS ONE.  If you click that and make a purchase/rental I will get $20 and so will you. Everyone wins.

No comments:

Post a Comment